Jacks to Open, Trips to Win
Played like 5-card draw, but only a player with a hand as good as or better than a pair of Jacks may open the betting.
If nobody can open, the hand is discarded, everyone antes again, and hands are redealt.
Once the betting is opened, play continues as in 5 Card Draw until the showdown. Anyone with 3 of a kind or better can win. If there are no trips or better, the hand (with all remaining players) begins again.
- Each player is dealt 5 down cards.
- Anyone with a pair of Jacks (or better) can open the betting. Note: you do not need jacks or better to call a bet.
- Each Player can choose to discard up to three cards and receive new ones from the Deck. Optionally, up to 4 cards can be discarded if the remaining card is an Ace (Ace is shown)
- Round of betting
- The winning hand is the best 5-card poker hand consisting of trips (ex:QQQ) or better.
- If no player has trips (or better) then all remaining players ante, and play begins again.
- The winner is a surviving player with minimum of trips
Progressive: The requirement to open increases from JJ to QQ to KK to AA, and then returns to JJ.
No Trips to win: Just play with Jacks to open to win. (Minimum winning hand is JJ)
High/Low Split: The high & Low hand split the pot.