The goal is to get cards totalling as close to 7 as possible, or as close to 27 as possible. Under is better than over a 6 1/2 wins over a 7 1/2.
- Cards count equal to their value. Face cards are worth 1/2 point. Aces are worth 1 or 11.
- Each player is dealt one card face down and one card face up.
- Round of betting.
- Starting with the player to the dealer's left, a player has the option to take a card, which is dealt face up in front of them.
- After each player takes a card (or passes) there is a round of betting.
- Each player has the choice to pass up to three times, or until all players pass.
- Play continues until an entire round, ending with the dealer, takes place where no one takes a card.
- Once play has concluded, players must declare simultaneously whether they are going for 7, 27, or both.
- The pot is split into two purses, one half going to the person closest to 7, the other the closest to 27.
- It is possible to go both high and low. The best high/low hand is Ace-Ace-Five, which is both a 7 and a 27.